Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting Older Never Felt This Goooooood!

When I hit 20 a few years back, I thought to myself, "Oh god, now I'm realllllllly old." I cannot call myself a teenager anymore. And I am not quite an adult yet. I was hoping to bring back the time and try to re-live all those precious moments from when I was in high school and college.

Fast forward to 2011. I turned 26 a few days ago. I feel contented. It is like maturity ruled over and I never felt this ecstatic about celebrating my birthday.  But the contentment was not about the celebration itself. It was more more like a celebration within ME. Aside from the fact that I got to organize a mini get together with my precious friends, I also got to realize why HAVE to age. I think it is because we need to put to use all the things we have learned from our past and present. These things will let us understand ourselves and our future even better. Finally, it will also create that beautiful aura to better decipher who we are.

I have accepted the fact that I cannot rewind time. I also have accepted the fact that I cannot erase the physical changes in me (hello weight gain and starting wrinkles! LOL) that happens as time goes by.

Yay for raspberry Vodka Cruiser! ♥

Another reason why I think getting older is this good is because I know that I am not alone! I have known a group of friends for more than a decade now and they have all helped me (and each other) embrace our katandaan. I always feel blessed having them around.

Class picture = not complete. :( Some are abroad. Some are at work. :( Thank goodness for Facebook!

Whew! One last thing I love about birthdays is I get to officially "collect" gifts. And because I am no longer a kid, I get to have ~ chiching!!! ~ CASH! LOL But I am going to save them all. :) I am really itching to get that something for myself. I cannot wait! Probably two more salary days to go?! (*fingers crossed*) 

6 comments:

  1. belated happy birthday! this will make you feel even younger, im on the last date in the calendar. will belong to the lotto in a few months. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday! It's always nice to have great supportive friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad u had a good one and feeling good about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soooooo much for the greetings, beautiful ladies!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Trust me. I love reading comments. Feel free to leave one.♥